Feb 10, 2011

Shopping at the Commissary

I went shopping after my workout to grab some canned vegis. While I was at the commissary I noticed that all the food that is bad for you is setup in a maze that you have to travel through to get to the checkout. The Maze consisted of chips, gummy everything, and about 100 different types of Valentines day candy. I understand the idea of impulse buying, and this is probably a very good marketing tool. What I do not understand is why the Air Force is currently driving for a fitter more athletic Airman, and this blatant push of junk food is tolerated by the base commander.

I found this when I was looking for an article about junk food at the commissary.
Watch the video on the left of the site.  I call BS on this one I am going to go and take a picture at the Commissary tomorrow.
http://www.commissaries.com/

Here is another story I will call foul on.

Commissaries expand focus on health in 2011

2 comments:

  1. always shop the perimeter of the store. That's where you will find dairy, fresh veggies, fruits and vegetables. The final push is right in the check out lanes - candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The commissary in the video is nicer than any commissary I've seen, & you're right that the front is filled with junk food.

    ReplyDelete