Mar 21, 2011

Why I weigh what I weigh

The other night I was thinking back to remember how I got to the point I was a month ago. I mean why I weighed what I weighed. I thought back to myself as a kid when I could gross out my Nana by sucking in my stomach and it would virtually touch my spine. I remember her telling my mom that she didn't feed me enough. (Which was not true). I can also remember my freshman year in gym class that when we got weighed for wrestling class I weighed a minuscule 144lbs, I was already 6 foot tall. After that I can not remember how much I weighed until I left for boot camp in 1999. The day I left for boot camp I weighed 166lbs. However, I was so nervous I hadn't eaten for 2 days. The next time after boot camp that I can remember being weighed, however it was done every year was before I left to go to Pensacola in 2004. At that time I weighed 185 lbs. So in 5 years I gained less than 20lbs. I recently checked my Marine Corps Fit Reps and noted the weights. From March of 2004 until my final Fit Rep in early 2008 I gained around 10 lbs a year ending at 214lbs. I entered the Air Force at exactly 214lbs. During OTS I dropped down to about 208lbs. Then during UPT I started gaining weight at an extremely fast pace from September of 2009 to March of 2010 I jumped to 230lbs. From that point I have been bouncing around from 220 to 225.

No comments:

Post a Comment